Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TaaaaDaaaaaaaa!!!! I'm back!! Or am I???

Wait for it....wait for it.....ahhhhhhh, there it is, catch it. You got it, a brand new post on the Thursdays Child blog. Well for those of you that thought that I had dropped off the planet, let me reassure you that I have not, I am perfectly safe and sound in Hassett. I have been very busy lately, and just have not felt any inspiration to write about deep and meaningful things. Not only that, but I suppose I tend to be a bit of a Jonah and I like to run away from things, rather than face what God is saying to me. A Jonah, yup, that is what I said. What would I have to run away from, you ask? Well, several things, I suppose, if you want to get really picky, but I will only share a couple of them for now as I wouldn't want any of you out there in Cyberspace to be depressed....LOL!

Let me begin by asking the eternal question...What is God's will for my life? 2nd, How do I find out what it is? Well, let me try to answer that question for you and for myself....because I would also like to know the answer to that, as well. I have been struggling with God's will for some time now. And just when you think that you've got everything figured out, something happens that causes you to lose your path, or make you question what you are doing.

I hope that some of you can identify with this, but I think I know what the answer is to this conundrum. God's Word! Yup, that is it in a nut shell - with a side order of Prayer. I like to tease my husband when we go to RoadSide Grill and he orders Rappie Pie with a side order of Poutine - "Do you want some potato to go with that order of potato??" But, an order of God, with a side order of God, is really what we should have. How can we, as the mere humans that we are, be so arrogant to think that we would know what is better for us than our Heavenly Father. And what better way to find out what he has in His plan for us, but by spending time in fellowship with Him by reading his word, and in prayer.

I used to think myself quite a righteous person, I knew the bible, inside out, upside down and backwards - or so I thought!! But, you know the Lord is not always as SUBTLE as we think He is when he really wants to make a point. He can really bang us over the head from time to time. AND that my friends is exactly what God has done to me recently. I got slam bammed over the head with a very important fact - if we don't spend time with Him, we can't be effective Christians.

Now, I know that some of you are reading this post and are thinking to yourselves, Duuuuhhhhhh!!! But, please keep in mind that some of us are a little slower that others to get the goods!!

Well, I had a bit of a rude awakening this past week. And probably that is part of the reason why I haven't kept my blog up to date, as I was sulking a bit at my Heavenly Father...so I to give you a better idea of what was transpiring, I will fill you in a bit on the conversation:

C: Ok Lord, I am ready, so now you can use me.

Lord: Are you sure?

C: Of course I am sure Lord, I am ready. I witnessed the other week, it felt great - you used me, so now I am ready for bigger and better things.

Lord: Bigger and better things huh? What could be bigger than one of my own coming back to my fold?

C: Well, that was great, but it was just a beginning, right, you meant me for bigger and better things, right. I decided I am ready now to do your work, so here I am, lets go! Let get that Home Bible Study going, the Seniors Dining, the Youth Rally, the whole shebang - I AM READY!!

Lord: How do you know that you are ready? Did you ask me? Bigger is not always better - it is not the quantity of the things that you do in my name, it is the right spirit, in which you do them. I want you to do things not because they make YOU feel good, but because you love ME and love OTHERS. So, what is your motivation??

C: Well sure Lord, you know that I love you. And I love others too. And I told you that I was ready now. I have been waiting a long time for this - I think that I am now ready to go out and do things for you.

Lord: Really? Are you sure? What about the small things that I ask of you, to read your bible, and pray? What about THOSE things? How can you lead others, when you don't really know me? What kind of leader would you be, how can you answer the important questions, if you don't know what answer to give, or even to know where to find the answer.....think about it.

C: Ooooohhhhhh, now I understand what you are trying to say Lord. But I still think I am ready. So, what am I supposed to do now?

Lord: Just wait my child, I will let you know when the time is right. You have so much to offer, but I will let you know when you are really ready. Besides, you already do a lot for me, and I know that you are good at those things, but the time is not right yet, you need to know me better - with a right spirit.

C: Ok, Lord, I am not too happy about it, but I will try to wait. You know that I am not a patient person. I like to be in control!

Lord: Duhhh, really, I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know!! Talk to me again soon, will you. I really want to know you better, I want us to be best friends.

C: Thanks Lord, I really do want to be friends with you too. I just seem so busy, all the time.

Lord: Don't worry, I make all things possible, just keep the lines open, I am here for you, ALWAYS!!

C: Always, Lord?

Lord: Yes, always, even unto the end of the world. Did you know that I love you?

C: *Sniff* Yes, Lord, thought I don't always know why.....

Lord: Because you are my child - I sent my son for you too, you know.

C: Yes Lord, I know *sniff*, sometimes it is hard to remember. Guess I am no better than anyone else.

Lord: Bingo! Now, you better go get that crying baby - she is my child too, you know.

C: Thank you Lord, she is one of your very special gifts, and I don't remember that sometimes! I thank you for all your gifts - even the ones that don't seem very important. I will try to remember that,now. Talk to you later.



This the conversation that I have been having with my Lord lately. The message from our Sunday Service very much ties in with this conversation. If you would be interested in reading it, there is a link to it at the top of the page.

Thanks for being patient with me, I hope to be over the block that I have been having, and post more often over the next while.

TOODLES!!

6 comments:

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

God bless you Christy. How can someone make you laugh and cry at the same time. Either you have an incredible gift or your a little crazy. I tend to lean to the gifted side.
It is the little things that I keep forgetting. LIke you said spending your time with God is so important.
I feel like I just got let into a very special club and there is so much I want to do...NOW. I want to change my childrens life. NOW. I can't wait for them to catch up with me....Then I realize it took me 22 years to find my way back. ( With a little help from friends) Wink Wink Nudge Nudge.
I am glad to see you back. I miss you much.

Anonymous said...

Now that you've had that conversation, do you know what to do while you wait? And if you do it, can you share some pointers on how you got it done?

Thanks!

April Mullen said...

I wish I heard God's voice so clearly. I often wonder how to know when God is speaking to me... and if I go ahead and so something, am I doing my will or God's???

(that is as deep as it gets with me)

P.S. I'm glad you're back.

Thursdays Child said...

To Anonymous:
To answer your question. Yes, I have a pretty good idea of what I am supposed to do while I am waiting. I think I am supposed to learn to make time for my relationship with God - meaning more prayer time, spending time reading His word. One thing that I have come to realize is that it is one thing to "talk the talk", but we are expected to "walk the walk". Not only that but you can't sit and wait for God to just make things happen for us either. I will continue with the ministry that I am involved in - the media minsitry. I will continue to be a good friend (and invite myself over to my friends houses as often as I can - with food of course) and I will learn to be a better wife and mother. I think that as my relationship with the Father grows, then my ability to be a good role model - one modeled after our Heavenly Father, will grow as well. That starts by opening your bible and with prayer. If you can't find time, do what I did, buy an MP3 version and I will use it when I go walking. If you are in your car, pray - your eyes don't have to be closed to talk to your best friend, the same it is with our heavenly friend.

Hope I answered your quesiton.

Living On The Edge said...

I just wanted to express my joy at seeing and reading your comments to each other and supporting and encouraging each other. But, isn't that the job of the pastor? :(

Tanya Reid said...

... Wow.