Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Mommy can I please, can I????

Well, the week has gotten off to an interesting start. Monday was spent in the usual way...with the exception that I was able to visit with a friend that I have not seen for a while. But after I went and completed my shopping in Digby, I got Levon from Preschool and made it home in time for Lauren and Jill to get off the bus.

Levon is a quintessential boy, he plays hard, he sleeps hard (he even talks in his sleep), and when he wants something, there is nothing that will deter him. "Please Mommy can I, can I please, Mommy??" I hear this quite often, especially if it is something he REALLY wants.

Well, for the past three months, what Levon has really wanted was to go to Southville Church of Christ to attend their Preschool. It is all that he has talked about since January. Well, yesterday he got his wish and the first session of the Ladies Support Group and Preschool started. When we got home, I asked him if he had a good time, he said "Yup, and I didn't even cry, either." I thought I was going to pee myself laughing.

Last night was the first of the Pre-easter Services at the Ashmore church. Pastor Brian brought the message and Myself and his daughter Tanya and his sister Donna Jean brought the special music. It was a very nice service. But I had a difficult time paying attention with my mind on Lauren and being so exhausted. The kids were more than a little wound up as it has been the week of the full moon. And whether you believe it or not, they get their fair share of trials when the moon becomes full. I find them hard to deal with at this time, just as I am sure that when I get PMS, I become a total Donkey's behind (as I am sure that my hubby will agree!!) After the service was over I got a chance to meet Pastor Brian's new toy. We will now be calling him Pastor Vroom Vroom from now on as he is now the proud owner of a beautiful new motorcycle. It really is a beauty, but as I am not a connoisseur of the machines, I find it difficult to get overly excited. I am pleased for him, none the less, and I am sure that he will make an excellent "new-age circuit riding preacher"!! An excellent time was had by all of us ladies, giving Brian a hard-time, and eating butter tarts and brownies.

Yesterday morning I received a phone call from Dr. Kinsley's office regarding some blood tests that Lauren had a couple of weeks ago. She had been complaining that her stomach was bothering her, and finally I took her to the doctor. It seems that there are some elevate results having to do with her liver and the test needed to be done again to make sure that there wasn't an anomaly. I took her this morning and she was a brave as a soldier. I dropped her off at school and that was that.

What a long day. I felt like I haven't slept in weeks. Tomorrow is the funeral service for a very dear lady from our church. I think that it has brought back a lot of memories of Ruby, and that is why I have been having such a hard week. I have felt such a sense of loss and I have not been able to explain it, maybe it is something that is always going to be a part of me, and I am just going to learn how to deal with it. Does the pain of loss really ever go away completely? No, I just think that the pain lessens over time, but you never completely forget.

Father, I just wish that I had more time at the end...that I let her know how much she really meant to me. Now I have a really good idea how the father must have felt as his son hung on that cruel cross. Did his Son really know how much that He was loved, that we was made into the sacrifice for all? I think that He did. He didn't ask for the pain to be taken away, He only asked that his Father's will be done. If only we had the courage to ask that our Fathers will be done in our lives. How much more content we would be, instead of running away, and hiding. Pray for me this week. Friday we will be going to visit my mom and dad. Then easter will be very busy and lost of travelling going on. Have a joyous Easter, remember that our Lord and Saviour is Risen!!

4 comments:

Life As I Know It / A Light In The Harbour said...

"Does the pain of loss ever really go away?"

No, it doesn't...Not ever...

Tanya Reid said...

Hey Christy! Check out my blog too! http://nspreacherkid.blogspot.com
I wanna come down some weekend that I have off and spend a day or so with you! Should be fun!

Anonymous said...

Christy:

This is your blog speaking.
I am feeling neglected.

Come back soon.

Love, Your Blog

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

I did not know your blog could talk to you. Scary. Hey Christy. Missing you much in Edmonton. I found Sandi Patti. I downloaded the song. It was good, but she is no Christy Mullen!! I found Casting Crowns thanks your sister April. I really enjoy them. Stay Kewl and God bless you.