Friday, March 30, 2007

To understand all, is to forgive all!!

This new program that I have watching "Raines" is quite interesting. Unlike "Medium", which I watched for about two seasons before it got a bit crazy and I stopped watching it, "Raines" kind of develops a relationship with the victims of the crimes that he is investigating. The spirit of the victims appear to him and while they don't offer any advice on who the perp. was, they carry on a sort of dialogue with him. Anyway, during this program, the crime he was investigating was of a homeless woman that was shot to death. Over the course of the program, we find out several elements that lead to the crime being solved.

Anyway the point of my title fits into the upcoming Easter season. Jesus came as the perfect sacrifice to save us from our sins. He understood that in our humanity we could never save ourselves or even be worthy of being saved, but by his grace HE is able to forgive us of our sins. Because He loved us, he was able to take upon Himself the sins of the world - past and present - and die one of the most cruel deaths so that I, Christy, could live life and have it to the fullest. WOW, what a totally insane thought. One man, one perfect lamb, God's own son would be the sacrifice to end all sacrifices, so that we could again experience eternal life, through a personal relationship with the King of Kings.

I would again like to put out a plug for the Pre-Easter services that will be taking place in Ashmore starting Tuesday, April 3rd to Friday, April 6th all starting at 7pm. On Tuesday or illustrious Pastor Brian Reid will be presenting the message, and I, along with his daughter Tanya will be presenting some special music. Each night there will be something special happening, ending with a fellowship following the Friday service which will be led by the Ashmore Choir.

I encourage you, if you have not received Christ, please do so. Why wait? Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart, waiting for you to open the door. Do it today, there might not be a tomorrow!!

I think the title really should be: He understood all, so He forgave all........Good Night!!!

Remember: In Christy World, I am always right!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy!
So, kinda bad news. I have as of yet, been unable to get someone to take my shift on Tuesday night, so I probably wont be able to come to the service:(
Looks like you're doin' two solos unless you can get someone to cover for me. Sorry dear!
Maybe we'll sing it someday in church. Oh, and I doubt I'll be coming to church on Sunday either. :(
Anyways, good luck on Tuesday with the service! Love ya!

April Mullen said...

Okay, okay... YOU'RE right.

Well said this evening. We are so lucky to be a part of the family of God. Daughters and Sons of a King; I could get used to being a princess!

Seriously, though... We are truly blessed to know that I am loved that much.

Cheers!

April Mullen said...

I need to make a retraction on a statement I made in my LAST comment. We are not truly blessed to know that I am loved that much, we are truly blessed to know that WE are loved that much.

Did you laugh when you read that or did you even notice??

Anonymous said...

OKay... another change of plans, I AM coming tomorrow and I AM singing on Tuesday