Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The many faces from Facebook!! Oh my word, it is an ADDICTION!!!

We kiddies, my little brother sent me an email last week with an invite for Facebook. For those of you who don't know what Facebook is, let me fill you in!! Facebook is like a Global 6 degree of Seperation, Kevin Bacon style. Of maybe a better example is that old Jirmack Shampoo commercial where "I tell two friends, you tell two friends and so on...." Now, I usually am the type to erase those emails without a second glance and something just told me to click on the link....OH MY WORD....who would have thought something like that could just grab you by both arms - almost like handcuffs and keep you tied up so easily?????

Ladies and Gentleman, I will have to be perfectly honest, I may need an intervention for this!! I have found friends that I have not seen or spoken to in YEARS!!! Friends that I have been looking for equally as long!! Who would have thought that such things existed!! The amazing part is, that I found people that I went to elemantary school with and they remember me...I thought I was the only one with a memory like an elephant.

My computer calls me now, I hear it calling my name to see if anyone else I know has joined, or if they have accepted my invitation to join. Oh the insanity of it all....

On a more sober note, I have a praise note to share with you all. I took Lauren to the Pediatrician today, in Yarmouth and she has a clean bill of health. The abnormal tests that she had, come to find out, were well within the range that they should be for a child her age and since she has not had anymore problems lately, the Doctor felt that that was the end of the tests, unless something comes up in the future. Praise God for His goodness.

I also want to thank God today for all my very good friends, who are with me through thick and thin (you know who you are April!!) I also am so thankful for reconnecting me with people that I haven't seen or heard from in years!! Amen!

Well people, thanks for being patient waiting for another post - I was on Facebook, I admit it!! But in Christy World, I am always right!
TTFN!!

4 comments:

Tanya Reid said...

Yeah.... Facebook needs a disclaimer, or a waiver that you have to sign that says that all addictions to facebook.com are not to be held against facebook.com
It's horrible! But so so so good. :) Just watch your friends list grow! It's amazing. I have 120-sum. I'm like... 'I dont even know that many people!!!'
Anyways, glad to hear about Lauren! See you Thursday! Whoooooot!

Tanya Reid said...

I'm bored. No one's updated in a while... *sigh*
Tomorrow can't come soon enough

April Mullen said...

You start a "facebook addicts" group on facebook!! HAHA... that would be hilarious!

Looking for Angels in Alberta said...

Every good 12 step program starts with admitting you have a problem. Good job Christy...you are on your way to recovery.