Tuesday, May 15, 2007

WE FINALLY GOT OUR WATER BACK!!!

Well, the title should say it all, but since the purpose of a blog is to expand on the mundane, so I shall satiate your need to know all the intimate details - boring though they may be!! LOL!!

Well, as you may have read in my last blog posting, we were without water and it wasn't looking good for water over the weekend and actually, the water problem did not get solved until a week ago...sorry I didn't get to letting you all know before now, but I have been tres busy!! Any way, the excavator came last tuesday morning and dug a four foot deep trench from the house to the well. During the excavation, we found a very large crack in the pipe that was probably 5 or six inches long. Apparently that has been the problem with my water all along, only it has just gotten progressively worse over the eight years that we have owned the house. The pump has been sucking dirt and air into the house causing numerous problems, to many to tell you about, but we are fortunate that our problems seem to be mostly over - at least water wise. Clear Choice had to come today and sort out some residual water softener problems - silt from the well was clogging the filter in the softener, but that has now been resolved and now the water is good.

Friday of last week, Corey and I had the privilege to attend the Commissioning Dinner and Service for our graduating pastor Brian Reid. It was a great event, I saw many people that I haven't seen for a while and the mood was great for the grads who were being sent out into the Lord's Work. Brian looked really good in his new suit, along with his lovely wife Peggy, daughter and his brother and sisters that also attended. My sister, April and her husband, were kind enough to let us hitch a ride with them and their daughter - my cutie patootie niece Mya. So we didn't even have to drive home....April was tres excited that she bought a new Piano while we were in the Valley. Now the piano teacher owns her own piano...which only stands to reason, right??

Mommy group today was excellent - a very good discussion about submission and inner beauty! We had a very good time, it is a shame that it will be finishing up so soon, it seems so long before we all meet up again in the fall!

Well, i have had some excellent news this week. As of the fall of 2008, all children whos birthday fall before December 31st will be eligible to start school. YEAH!!! Poor Levon was going to have to wait an extra year as he would miss the old deadline of October 1st by only one day!!! (He was born on October 2nd). So I was pleased that he will be able to start school the year he turns five!! YEAH, oh, did I mention that I am excited about this, or did you get the hint??

Well, good night and God Bless. Please be sure to check out Facebook, my new obession, I have found many friends that I haven't seen in years!!

3 comments:

April Mullen said...

*pouting* I will not get to go back to Mommy's Group in the fall. :(

YAY for water!
YAY for Levon going to school!
YAY for my new piano!

WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Yay for water...I am so excited our girls will be starting school together..we can go to all the firsts together...Life is grand.Have a great weekend and I will see you on Sunday

Ash said...

You're really good at blogging! I like your blog - it's very cool!

Love you,
Ash :)